Wednesday 21 March 2012

One Night In Bangkok

Sawadee Cap!

It is my second night here in Bangkok and wow, what a day it has been.  It started by being awoken by a couple of Thai girls who we had met yesterday, much to our surprise and to be honest, pissed us both off a little as we had managed to end the night on Koh San Road at around 4am.  After around 24-30 hours of no to very little sleep of traveling then heavy drinking, the last thing we wanted this morning - feeling slight delicate - was to be woken up after just 5 hours pf kip.

So that was it, we were awake again and the day was to start, so we mooched downstairs walked a few paces until the next 'bar' and had some breakfast.  I didn't quite fancy the Thai 'streetfood' consisting of all the spices in the world at 10.30am.  So I opted for the very traditional scrambled egg and sausages. Sweet.  Anyways, as much I would have liked to spend the whole day feeling sorry for my self and sleeping, we headed out to a place called Pangthip Plaza AKA 'IT City'.  Whatever you need electrical wise is there, and dirt cheap, and if they don't have it in stock - it does not exist.  Its a cool place and managed to drink around 3 litres of water to make my self feel a little better. 

When we reached our hotel again, Gaz was insistent that we go for a Thai massage but unfortunately had to refuse this time as I had an appointment that was very important, with my bed.  I knew that we would be 'getting on it' again, its so hard not to do that when you are living in and around this place. It's mental.  So after waking up around 9.30 pm after finally having a couple of hours asleep, here we are now.  I am currently on a street just off Koh San Road, and its literally amazing how one road can be so 'party focused' then you walk 100m to the next street and its the most chilled out vibe you have ever seen.

As I have mentioned before I am loving it here, and cannot wait to get down to Phuket in the next couple of days and then down to The Islands. I do however have this feeling in the back of my mind that I have become somewhat of a prude, and things that I would normally embrace and laugh at are making me almost quince.  I am putting down to living in a very strict muslim country where these things you see here are a complete no-go.  That or my recent relationship with 'you know who' has deterred me away from these things.  However, this is something which is very small in the back of my mind and not so bothered about it and will be doing what I can to make sure I go back to my normal cheeky chappy Jimmy C personality rather then a cat woman who stinks off piss.

So thats it, sorry its not so long, but at least I am sober today as writing this blog.  Which is an improvement.

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment