Thursday 8 March 2012

The Beef

Hello and welcome to my blog!!


I will start by introducing myself and explaining the objectives of this project..


My name is James Clark, 22, born and raised Hull, UK - currently living in Dubai, UAE. This is the first blog I have ever attempted and must admit I'm not entirely sure what becoming a 'blogger' consists of or what it really means.  I have been thinking of starting a blog for a while now, and seeing my mom creating and enjoying her blog, I decided to take the proverbial plunge in to the unknowns of the interweb.  


I will be honest and say that the main reasons behind this decision of 'blogging' are all very selfish. The primary thought of mine is to use this blog as an experiment.  My life right now as I am writing this is in a major crossroads and I have made a decision which is going to shape the rest of my future in some way or another.  The experiment is to understand how my day-to-day life will change the way I view topics and affect the way I feel about things, rather than just drift through life and only think about things as and when they seem to become relevant which is what I have been doing for such a long time.


I have reasons to believe there will be very few 'hits' on my blog and I am really not looking for them, but will be honest in what I write, I will try and commit to one post-per day and warn you now that my posts may bore you. To death. If so, I hold no responsibility. So read at your own peril.


So, I guess that's a fairly brief Introduction and you guys can kind of see where I will be going with this thing. Oh one more thing, before I enter the beef (no puns intended for those of you with your minds in the gutter), I am more than open to advice, praise, criticism, topics of discussion and any old banter on comments below.


Apart from making my blogging debut this evening, I will also take this time to set up the 'beef' which I earlier mentioned as the 'major crossroad' I'm about to cross.  Very recently, I left my job of Dive Centre Manager/Scuba Instructor in Dibba, UAE for 'personal reasons' without going in to the dirty ins and outs.  Along with this, I have had the worst of run-ins this year with losing money, speeding fines, bad news from home, more speeding fines, red lights, more work problems and to top it all off, the thing that affects my life the most recently has been my relationship with my girlfriend, or ex, I'm not really sure what the situation is.  I am a very positive person and live my life by the motto 'PMA - Positive Mental Attitude' I believe it will cure the king of bad moods.  


I made the decision about a month ago that I would move to Thailand around late March/April time due to the fact that things at work were - lets say 'stale going sour' to put it nicely, my love life had been on and off - a lot of words said which are hard to forget and lets just say there is more life in a grave than in Dibba to get excited about. All signs for a change.  Since then, I have planned and arranged the trip with Gaz, an instructor I met at my recent position, and to be honest I am glad he will be with me for this trip as he lived in the area for 3+ years, it will be like the blind leading the drunk I'm sure.


As the date of departure gets closer and closer im growing more and more excited and genuinely cannot wait.  However, I am also in a position where the feelings for the girl I love have not changed since the day I realised I love her.  If anything my feelings have only grown.  I know in my head I am 100% committed to going to Thailand to progress with my career and will be on that flight.  The battle I am having is trying to convince myself I am doing the right thing in leaving her (and her amazing little boy) behind in hope that if what we have is real then we will find each other again in the future.  I can honestly say to friends, family and strangers that this is the hardest decision I have ever had to make.


Only time will tell what adventures and new experiences life will have in store for me and as pessimistic as I get sometimes about things, I am positive and beaming with enthusiasm for my future ;)


That's enough for now, and yes I realise sound like a narcissistic, old spinster, with a house full of cats.  Now its all out in the open we will have smaller more intimate posts!!


Ciao Bella!


Ghorboonet Beram man elahi MA 


JC







1 comment:

  1. Dear Jimmy,

    Love this blog. It will make me feel closer to you even though you are far away. I might even make a blog, But my life isn't as interesting as yours haha!

    Remember I want lots of photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete